A healthy breakfast alternative to regular pancakes, these colourful and flavourful pancakes are made using Rice flour and Dill leaves. A curious mix of sweet and savoury ingredients come together in this Konkani recipe. This is a simplified version of the traditional recipe.
1 1/2 cup rice flour
1 1/2 cup dill leaves
1 1/2 cup water
1/2 cup crushed jaggery
1/2 cup coconut milk
salt to taste
1. Prep your ingredients before you begin to save time while cooking.
2. Grind the dill leaves along with the jaggery in 1 cup of water to a fine consistency.
3. Using a large bowl, combine the rice flour, coconut milk, ground mixture along with salt to taste.
4. Adjust the thickness of the mix by adding more water if required. You want to end up with a mix that is neither too thick or too watery.
5. Using a pancake pan, fry the pole covered on one side for a couple minutes, then flip and fry open on the other side.
6. Plate and serve with salted butter and steaming hot cups of tea.
Please feel free to reach out to me with feedback and/or suggestions at email@example.com
You can also find/follow me on the following social networks: