|Goan Green Beef Curry|
Ingredients for Marinade:
1 kilogram beef (cut in 1 inch pieces)
2 tablespoon ginger/garlic paste
1 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for Masala:
1 bunch coriander (approximately 1 cup of leaves)
4 green chilies
1 tablespoon coriander
1 teaspoon cumin
1 inch cinnamon
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
10 black peppercorn
1 tbsp tamarind concentrate
Note: I sometimes add 1 teaspoon of fennel seed just to add a slightly different dimension to the masala.
Ingredients for Curry:
2 onions (chopped fine)
3 potatoes (cubed)
1 cup tomatoes (chopped). Note: leave these out if you prefer a greener looking curry.
2 chicken/beef stock cubes
1 - 2 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1. Wash, cut and marinate the beef. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
2. Grind all the ingredients for the masala into a thick green paste. Keep aside.
3. Prep the ingredients required for the curry.
4. Saute the onions in a pot until they are translucent and start turning brown.
5. Add the spice paste and stock cubes to the onions. Fry for a few minutes.
6. Add the tomatoes and fry until the tomatoes turn soft.
7. Add the marinated meat to the pot and mix well.
8. Add the potatoes to the pot and mix well.
9. Cook on low to medium heat until the meat and potatoes are cooked through (roughly 30 - 45 minutes).
10. Add a tablespoon or two of vinegar and taste for salt a couple minutes before taking the pot off the heat. The sugar is also added at this time.
Enjoy on steamed rice, or with bread!