An absolutely delicious shrimp chilli fry using my Green Masala as the spice base.
1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
2 large onion (chopped fine)
3 medium potatoes (boiled and cubed)
1 tomato (chopped fine)
5 - 6 teaspoons green masala (green masala recipe)
3 cloves garlic (sliced)
6 curry leaves
2 - 4 chilies (slit or chopped fine)
fresh coriander (approximately one handful)
oil for frying
salt to taste
Note: Adjusting the amount of masala paste used and cutting back on the quantity of the chilies will make this a kid-friendly recipe, and one that was enjoyed by my little one.
1. Prep your ingredients before you begin to save time while cooking.
2. Marinate the shrimp for 30 minutes with 2 - 3 teaspoons of the green masala and 1 teaspoon salt.
3. Boil, peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes while the shrimp are marinating.
4. Heat oil in a large pan and add the onion, chilies and curry leaves.
5. When the onions start to change colour, add the garlic to the pan.
6. Add the chopped tomatoes next and fry until the mix starts to dry out.
7. Add the marinated shrimp next along with another 2 or 3 teaspoons of green masala.
8. Once the shrimp starts to release it's juices, add the chopped potatoes to the mix.
9. Once the shrimp are fully cooked, add a handful of chopped coriander to the chilli fry and turn off the heat.
10. Serve with bread or as an accompaniment to your meal.