A uniquely Goan and Vegetarian version of this traditional Portuguese favourite. I've used Potatoes, Cauliflower and Spinach as the main ingredients and boosted the flavour profile with the addition of Onion and Garlic. I hope that you try it and enjoy it as much as I do.Ingredients
1 pound potatoes (cut in small cubes)
1 pound cauliflower (cut in small pieces)
1/2 pound spinach (cut in fine strips)
1 large onion (chopped fine)
4 cloves garlic (chopped fine)
6 cups water or vegetable stock
salt to tasteDirections
1. Prep your ingredients before you begin to save time while cooking.
2. Heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot and saute the onions.
3. Add the garlic once the onions start to turn translucent.
4. The cubed potatoes go in next.
5. Add the cauliflower to the pot along with the potatoes.
6. Add 6 cups of water or stock to the pot and let it come to a boil. If using water, add salt to taste at this time.
7. Cover and cook until the vegetables are fully cooked, approximately 20 - 25 minutes.
8. Cool and blend the entire contents to a smooth broth, add it back to the pot and bring back to a boil.
9. Chop the spinach to fine strips.
10. Add the chopped spinach to the broth and cook for 10 minutes until the spinach is cooked.
11. Toast some bread slices while the spinach is cooking, either as sticks (called soldiers) or croutons.
12. Serve soup while hot along with soldiers or croutons.
Please feel free to reach out to me with feedback and/or suggestions at email@example.com
You can also find/follow me on the following social networks:
Post a Comment