|Goan Chicken Curry - Kid friendly, Red version|
1 kilogram chicken breast (cut in bite size pieces)
1 large onion (chopped fine)
1 tablespoon ginger/garlic paste (ginger/garlic paste recipe)
3 medium potatoes (cut in cubes)
2 tomatoes (chopped fine)
1 cube chicken stock
1 - 2 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sugar
salt to taste
1/2 cup coconut milk - Optional
Masala Ingredients (to grind):
5 red chilies (deseeded)
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 inch cinnamon
1/2 tsp turmeric
1. Prep your ingredients and spices before you begin to save time while cooking.
2. Marinate the chicken for half hour with the ginger/garlic paste and one teaspoon salt.
3. Grind the masala ingredients to fine powder.
4. Heat a little oil in a pan, and saute the onions.
5. Once the onions start to brown, add in the ground masala and fry for a few minutes on medium heat.
6. Add the tomatoes next, along with the chicken stock cube.
7. Add the chicken next and fry for a few minutes, so that the spice mix coats the chicken well.
8. Add 2 cups of water to the pan and mix well.
9. Add the potatoes to the curry mix. Cover and let cook until the potatoes are done.
10. Add the vinegar and sugar just a couple minutes before the curry is done. Turn off the heat. Note: Add the coconut milk before the vinegar and sugar if you decide you want to use it. Mix well, and then follow with the vinegar and sugar.
12. Serve with steamed rice or bread.
Please feel free to reach out to me with feedback and/or suggestions at ddsouza@
You can also find/follow me on the following social networks:
Facebook - Dusty's Foodie Adventures
Pinterest - David D'Souza
Yummly - Dusty's Foodie Adventures