|Goan Chicken Curry - Kid friendly, Green version|
1 kilogram chicken breast (cut in bite size pieces)
1 large onion (chopped fine)
1 tablespoon ginger/garlic paste (ginger/garlic paste recipe)
3 medium potatoes (cut in cubes)
2 tomatoes (cut in thick slices)
1 cup coconut milk (250ml)
1 cube chicken stock
salt to taste
Masala Ingredients (to grind):
1 bunch cilantro (fresh coriander), approximately 50 - 60gms
1 green chilli (deseeded)
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 inch cinnamon
1. Prep your ingredients and spices before you begin to save time while cooking.
2. Marinate the chicken for half hour with the ginger/garlic paste and one teaspoon salt.
3. Grind the masala ingredients to a paste.
5. Once the onions start to brown, add in the ground masala and fry for a few minutes on medium heat.
6. Add the sliced tomatoes next, along with the chicken stock cube.
7. Add the chicken next and fry for a few minutes, so that the spice mix coats the chicken well.
8. Add a cup of water to the pan and mix well.
9. Add the coconut milk before the mix gets too hot. Mix well.
10. Add the potatoes to the curry mix. Cover and let cook until the potatoes are done.
11. Add a tablespoon or two of vinegar along with some fresh chopped coriander, or dried parsley flakes to the curry. Turn off the heat.
12. Serve with steamed rice or bread.
Please feel free to reach out to me with feedback and/or suggestions at ddsouza@
You can also find/follow me on the following social networks:
Facebook - Dusty's Foodie Adventures
Pinterest - David D'Souza
Yummly - Dusty's Foodie Adventures