|Goan Tuna Chilli Fry|
Another kid-friendly recipe that I've been putting together for my daughter for years now. Canned Tuna done with a decidedly Goan twist as a Chilli Fry, served on a bed of spaghetti. Simple and delicious!
2 cans solid chunk tuna in water - 6oz each
1 onion (chopped fine)
1 cup peas
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon ginger/garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon garam masala
4 curry leaves
1 green chili (optional)
salt to taste
1. Prep your ingredients before you begin to save time while cooking.
2. Heat a couple tablespoons of oil in a pan and add the cumin and curry leaves to it.
3. Add the onion to the pan and fry for a few minutes.
4. Add the ginger/garlic paste to the pan, along with the chili if using it.
5. Garam masala and turmeric go in next. Fry for a couple minutes.
6. Add the canned tuna to the mix.
7. Stir-fry the mix well until the spices are fully mixed in with the tuna.
8. Add the peas to the mix.
9. Cook for a few minutes and turn off the heat.
Serve with Rice, Spaghetti or even as a Sandwich.
Post a Comment