|Goan Egg Chops
1 kilogram potatoes
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon dry parsley flakes
1 cup semolina (rawa)
oil for frying
salt to taste
1. Boil and cook 1kg Potatoes, and let cool.
2. Hard boil 6 eggs and cut in halves once cool.
3. Mash the potatoes in a bowl or with a mixer, until smooth. Add the coriander and parsley flakes along with salt to taste.
4. Mix well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. To make the chops, make a flat patty with the potato mix and place half an egg on it. Fold the sides over and shape it until the egg is completely covered and you end up with an oval chop. Tip: It helps to dampen your hands a bit for this step as it prevents the potato mix from sticking to your palms as you work it.
6. Place the shaped chops back in the refrigerator to cool.
7. Just before frying, take the shaped chop and dip into a beaten egg and dredge it in Semolina. Shallow or deep fry the dredged chops.
8. Enjoy as a snack or as a side-dish with your meal.
Since this is a kid friendly recipe, this also works very well to include as a lunch item for school. :)