|Batata (Potato) Bhaji|
Batata Bhaji, also referred to as Sukhi Bhaji is a simple and satisfying dish prepared in Goa for those Veggie days. It works very well as a side dish or even as the main course itself.
5 potatoes (medium)
2 onions (medium)
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon turmeric
6 curry leaves
1 teaspoon coriander powder (optional)
1 cube vegetable bouillon (maggi) or salt to taste
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoon chopped coriander or parsley
1. Boil, peel and cube the Potatoes.
2. Prep your spices to save time while cooking.
3. Heat a couple tablespoons of oil in a wok or pan. Add the mustard seeds to the hot oil and once they start sputtering, add in the curry leaves, onion and chilies.
4. Once the onion changes colour, add the bouillon cube, turmeric and optional coriander powder if desired.
5. Fry for a couple minutes, then add the cubed potatoes to the spice mix.
6. Once the potatoes are incorporated, add the coriander or parsley to the mix. Add 1/2 a cup of water and let it simmer on low heat for around 5 - 10 minutes till the potatoes are completely soft.
7. Plate and serve hot with either Chapati or Steamed Rice.
Please feel free to reach out to me with feedback and/or suggestions at ddsouza@
You can also find/follow me on the following social networks:
Facebook - Dusty's Foodie Adventures
Pinterest - David D'Souza
Yummly - Dusty's Foodie Adventures