Spicy, tangy and loaded with flavour, Red Recheado (Recheio) Masala is one of Goa's most versatile masalas. Generally used for stuffing fresh fish and seafood, it can also be used in other meat and fish dishes.
20 kashmiri chilies
8 cloves garlic
2 inch ginger
2 inch cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 cup vinegar (more if required)
1/2 onion (chopped fine)
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoon oil
1. Soak all the recheado masala ingredients in the 1/2 cup vinegar for a few hours, with the exception of the onion, sugar and oil.
2. Grind the soaked ingredients to a thick paste.
3. Heat the 2 tablespoon oil in a pan and saute the chopped onion in it.
4. Add the sugar when the onion is well cooked, and turn off the heat. Keep aside to cool.
5. Once cool, add the ground paste to the onion/sugar mixture.
6. Store in an airtight container for future use.
Please feel free to reach out to me with feedback and/or suggestions at email@example.com
You can also find/follow me on the following social networks:
Facebook - Dusty's Foodie Adventures
Pinterest - David D'Souza
Yummly - Dusty's Foodie Adventures
Post a Comment