|Goan Steak and Eggs|
1 pound beef steaks (thinly sliced)
1 tablespoon ginger/garlic paste
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon tempero cheiroso or garam masala spice mix (tempero cheiroso recipe)
2 onions (thick sliced)
2 capsicum (thick sliced)
1 tablespoon recheado masala (recheado masala recipe)
salt to taste
Steak and Eggs Directions:
1. Marinate the beef slices with ginger/garlic, lemon juice and the tempero cheiroso mix. Refrigerate for a couple hours. Note: You may have to tenderize the meat, either by using a fork or a meat hammer depending on the cut of meat.
2. Heat a couple teaspoons of oil in a pan and sear the marinated steaks until they are browned on both sides. Cover and keep aside.
3. Prep the rest of your ingredients.
4. Heat a couple teaspoons of oil in a pan and fry the sliced onions on high heat.
5. As the onions start to soften, add the recheado masala to the pan.
6. Fry for a few minutes, maintaining high heat.
7. Add the sliced capsicum to the pan next along with 1/2 cup water. Cook for a couple minutes. Turn off the heat and keep aside.
8. Fry the eggs.
8. Just before plating, mix the fried steaks with the recheado onion mix so that they get coated with the masala.
Plate and serve with the fried eggs.
Post a Comment