|Goan Pork Curry|
1 kilogram pork (cut in 1 inch chunks)
2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon ginger/garlic paste (Ginger/Garlic Recipe)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
15 red chilies (I used 10 kashmiri and 5 aldona chilies)
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
3 garlic cloves (Note: my ginger/garlic paste has equal parts of ginger and garlic. I've added more garlic here just to boost up the garlic ratio)
2 inch cinnamon
2 medium onions (chopped fine)
6 small potatoes (cut in half)
oil for frying/sauteing
salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1. Clean, wash, cut and marinate the pork. Apply salt, ginger/garlic paste, vinegar, turmeric and keep aside for an hour.
2. Prep your ingredients and spices before you begin to save time while cooking.
3. Grind the masala ingredients to a fine paste.
4. Heat a couple tablespoons of oil in a large pot and add the marinated pork to it. Fry on high heat for a few minutes to draw out excess water from the meat.
5. Once done, remove the meat from the pot and keep aside.
6. Add a couple more tablespoons of oil to the pot and add the chopped onions to it. Saute the onions for just a few minutes until they are softened, but not browned.
7. Add the masala paste to the onions, along with the sugar. Fry for a few more minutes.
8. Add the meat back into the pot once the masala is fully incorporated into the mix.
9. Fry the meat with the masala and then add 2 cups of water to the pot. Bring to a boil while stirring occasionally.
10. Add the potatoes to the pot, and turn the heat down to medium-low.
11. Cook until the meat and potatoes are done. Add salt as required.
12. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Please feel free to reach out to me with feedback and/or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find/follow me on the following social networks:
Facebook - Dusty's Foodie Adventures
Pinterest - David D'Souza
Yummly - Dusty's Foodie Adventures
Post a Comment