|Goan Feijoada (Pork and Kidney Beans)|
1 kilogram pork (cleaned, cubed and salted)
1/2 kilogram goa pork sausages
1/2 kilogram kidney beans (canned or cooked by you)
2 large onions (chopped fine)
5 curry leaves
1 tablespoon ginger/garlic paste
4 green chilies (slit in half)
1 tablespoon recheado masala (recheado masala recipe)
3 tablespoon vinegar
salt to taste
1. Prep your ingredients and spices before you begin to save time while cooking.
2. Apply the ginger/garlic paste to the pork and keep aside for 1/2 hour.
3. In a deep pot, saute the onions until they brown.
4. Add the recheado masala to the onions and fry for a few minutes.
5. Add the curry leaves and chilies to the mix and continue to fry for a little longer.
6. Add the pork to the spice mix and mix well.
7. Add the sausages to the mix next.
8. Cover and cook for around 10 minutes.
9. Add a cup of water, the vinegar and check for salt. Cover and cook on medium heat until the pork is completely tender (approximately 45 minutes).
10. Add the cooked beans, and do a final taste for salt and vinegar. Cook for another 5 or 10 minutes.
11. Turn off the heat, and let the Feijoada mature overnight before eating.
12. Reheat and serve with steamed rice or bread.