|Goan Chicken Liver Chilli Fry|
1/2 kg chicken liver (cleaned and quartered)
2 medium onions (sliced fine)
2 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon garam masala (or tempero cheiroso)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 green chilies (slit)
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 cup oil
2 potatoes (partially cooked and sliced, for frying)
fresh coriander (for garnish)
salt to taste
1. Prep your spices before you begin to save time while cooking.
2. Heat a pan and add 1/2 the oil to it. Add the sliced onion once the oil is hot.
3. Saute the onions well, and then add the spices to it, along with the lime juice. Fry for a few minutes.
4. Add the chicken liver to the spice mix and gently mix it.
5. Add the green chilies to the mix.
6. Add around 1/2 cup of water to the mix and let the liver cook for around 10 - 15 minutes.
7. Once cooked, let the excess water dry out before turning off the heat.
8. In a separate pan heat the remaining oil and fry the partially cooked and sliced potatoes.
9. Plate and serve hot.
Post a Comment