|Goan Tiddkeo Middkeo Bhaji|
1/4 kilogram Tiddkeo Middkeo (Gavar/Guar/Cluster Beans)
1 onion (chopped fine)
1/2 cup tomato (chopped)
1/2 cup grated coconut
2 small potatoes (cut in small cubes)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
salt to taste
1. Clean and cut the beans into 1 inch pieces.
2. Prep your spices before you begin to save time while cooking.
3. Saute the chopped onions until translucent.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes next and fry for a few minutes.
5. Once the tomatoes start to dry out, add the spices to the mix along with some water to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
6. Add the beans and potatoes next and fry with the spices for a few minutes.
7. Add around 1 cup of water to the mix, cover and cook for around 10 minutes till the potatoes are almost cooked through.
8. Add the grated coconut a couple minutes before turning off the heat.
9. Serve hot with chapati or as an accompaniment to your main meal.
Post a Comment