|Goan Pork Roast|
1.5 kilogram pork
2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoon ginger/garlic paste
3 tablespoon Tempero Cheiroso powder (Tempero Cheiroso Recipe)
2 medium onions (chopped fine)
1 cup tomato (chopped)
6 kashmiri chilies
salt to taste
4 potatoes (boiled, cut and fried)
1. Trim excess fat off the meat, and using a fork poke holes all around the meat.
2. Apply salt, vinegar, ginger/garlic and the Tempero Cheiroso powder to the meat, and leave to marinate overnight.
3. Chop onions and tomato before cooking.
4. Take off as much of the marinade that you can from the meat, and add it to 2 cups of water. We'll use that later.
5. In a large pot, saute the onions, tomato and chilies until the onions turn translucent.
6. In a separate pan, sear the meat on all sides until it gets a nice brown crust.
7. Add the seared meat to the pot along with the marinade/water mix and cook on medium heat until done (approximately an hour or so)
8. Flip the meat in the pot about halfway through the cooking process.
9. Once done, take the roast out of the pot and leave it to cool.
10. Continue to cook the remaining liquid in the pot at high heat until it reduces to a thick consistency. Strain and keep aside to use as gravy for the roast.
11. Boil, cut and fry potatoes to use as a side. I fried my potatoes with some salt and red chili flakes.
12. Cut the roast into thin slices. Plate and serve with the gravy and fried potatoes.