|Goan Meatball Curry|
1/2 kg meatballs (see Note below curry recipe for fresh meatballs)
6 dry red chilies
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 inch cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger/garlic paste (ginger/garlic recipe)
1 onion (chopped fine)
6 curry leaves
2 green chilies (slit)
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup tomato
salt and vinegar to taste
1. Prep your spices before you begin to save time.
2. Grind the dry spices along with the ginger/garlic to a fine paste and keep aside.
3. Saute the onions in a pan and add the chopped tomato to it when brown. Cook for a couple minutes.
4. Add the spice paste to the mix. Fry for a couple minutes.
5. Add the green chilies and curry leaves.
6. Add the coconut to the mix, and bring the curry to a boil.
7. Add the meatballs to the curry and cook on low heat for around 15 minutes.
8. Garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve hot with steamed rice or bread.
Here's a quick recipe to make meatballs from fresh ground meat:
1/2 kilogram ground beef or chicken (lean and if possible double ground)
1 medium onion (chopped fine)
1 tablespoon ginger/garlic paste (ginger/garlic recipe)
1 green chili (chopped fine)
1 teaspoon tempero cheiroso or garam masala powder (tempero cheiroso recipe)
1 - 2 tablespoon lime juice
1/4 cup cilantro/coriander (chopped fine)
1 egg (beaten)
salt to taste
1 - 2 tablespoon breadcrumbs (optional)
1. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Form meatballs approximately an inch or so in size.
3. Refrigerate or freeze until required.
4. Shallow fry in a pan before using in a curry.
Please feel free to reach out to me with feedback and/or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find/follow me on the following social networks:
Facebook - Dusty's Foodie Adventures
Pinterest - David D'Souza
Yummly - Dusty's Foodie Adventures
Post a Comment