1 kilogram pork (shoulder, with or without bone)
3 onion (chopped)
12 kashmiri chilies
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
6 garlic cloves (sliced in half)
20 kokum (bindi solam)
1 large ball of tamarind (soak in a cup of hot water)
salt to taste
1. Prep your spices before you begin to save time while cooking.
2. Clean, wash and cut the meat into chunks around 1 - 2 inches in size. Apply around 2 teaspoon salt and keep aside. Note: If desired, this process could be done a couple days in advance to cure the meat slightly.
3. Combine the onion and spices (with the exception of the tamarind) in a pot.
4. Add the pork to the spice mix along with 1 cup of water. Start the cooking process on medium - high heat.
5. Once the meat has cooked for around 10 - 15 minutes, add the strained tamarind juice to the mix and cook until the meat is completely tender.
6. Serve hot with bread or on steamed rice.
Please feel free to reach out to me with feedback and/or suggestions at email@example.com
You can also find/follow me on the following social networks:
Facebook - Dusty's Foodie Adventures
Pinterest - David D'Souza
Yummly - Dusty's Foodie Adventures
Post a Comment