|Goan Galmo (Baby Shrimp) Chilli Fry|
500 grams dried galmo (baby shrimp)
2 medium sized onions
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 potatoes (cut in small cubes)
6 garlic cloves (cut in slices)
1 cup coriander (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
salt to taste
1. Soak and wash the galmo in order to get rid of any sand or other impurities.
2. Prep your ingredients and spices while the galmo is soaking.
3. Having your ingredients ready to go before hand helps to prevent scrambling when you get the cooking underway.
4. In a pan, saute the chopped onions and then add the garlic and chilies. Fry for a while and then add the dry spices (cumin, turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala)
5. Once the spices are incorporated, add the washed and drained galmo to the spice mix, followed by the potatoes.
6. Cook for a few minutes and add the coconut. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
7. Next, add the Coriander and the Kokum to the mix.
8. Cook until the potatoes soften, and then add salt to taste.
9. Once cooked, serve hot with a garnish of fresh chopped coriander accompanied by either bread or steamed rice. Enjoy!